Thursday 3. April 2014
The completion of Gösta’s pavilion comes closer day by day. The handover of the spaces starts 17 April, even though the work will continue for about two weeks after that at some parts of the house. The coating work of the interior of the house has almost been completed. The delivery and installation of the restaurant’s furniture and fixed furnishings are in the making. The wood furniture for the foyer, restaurant and office spaces is also under way, as well as the metal furniture for the collection spaces.
The facade cladding of the building is close to finish. The tile cladding of the facade and work on glass link are in progress. The installation of the camera columns has begun. The landscaping work starts weather permitting. The renovation of the old manor is coming to an end and the change work of Autere cottage begins in mid-April. The foundations of the bridge to Taavetinsaari have been constructed and the bridge itself will be lifted to its place on the second week of April. About 130 persons still work on the site. Image: Juha Roponen.
- 3.4.2014 Near handover
- 4.3.2014 The link connects the old and the new museum
- 4.2.2014 Ready surfaces inside as well as outside
- 31.12.2013 Details evolve
- 22.11.2013 The main entrance invites you in
- 24.10.2013 Walls in visual rhyme
- 27.9.2013 Window installation on progress
- 27.8.2013 A tent protects the roof makers
- 30.7.2013 The spaces begin to take shape
- 5.7.2013 Wall elements to place
- 22.5.2013 Glulam beam frame rises
- 13.5.2013 Casting the concrete foundation
- 4.4.2013 So far